- Download and Print the sign below
- This is my favorite cardstock
- Laminated Pouch
- Self-Adhesive Magnets
It never fails. I glance over to see one of my boys, or even my husband for that matter, putting dirty dishes in the CLEAN dishwasher! Aghhh! Yuck. Truly, I don’t think they even take the time to look if the dishes are clean or dirty.
Our boys take turns emptying they dishwasher, and there are time when it is one of their turns and they are busy with an activity or not around to get it done right away. My type A personalty wants to empty it myself so there are not any dishes on the counter or in the sink….but I have learned to let it go! The boys have to take responsibility to get their chores done in a timely manner and have come to learn that I can’t stand dishes lying around!
For all the in between times, it’s just easiest to mark the dishwasher as either dirty or clean. Then there’s no mistake. We use this easy sign system. Want to give it a try? Here’s how I made it:
- Print the Dishwasher Clean/Dirty Sign from the download link below. Notice–you won’t need all 3 signs, but there are different color options for you to choose from. (btw…I printed on heavy card stock)
- To make it long-lasting, I put it in a laminated pouch, like these. Then, I trimmed around the edges.
- Create your “envelope”. Cut the template out from the download file, fold on the dashed lines and glue.
- I used an old magnet and glued it to the back of the envelope. If you don’t have an old magnet, you can use these self-adhesive magnets instead.
That’s it! No more “dishwasher confusion”.
Have you thought about doing a kitchen deep clean? You’ll love this free printable [deep clean] Kitchen Checklist that you can use to get your kitchen in tip-top shape!
BE MORE SUCCESSFUL!
Learn how to feel more accomplished and eliminate the overwhelm from life. Simply opt-in below to get the 10 Tips to Make Every Day Successful Cheat Sheet sent straight to your inbox!