This is one of my favorite bar recipes! It’s a combination of yum
my things many of us love to eat, and they are really easy to make too!
You need to grab a box of German Chocolate Cake Mix, add the butter and an egg and then mix the ingredients together until it looks like taco meat! Silly sounding I know, but that’s the best way to describe it. You can see below how it should look.
Then, press down all but one cup into a 9×13 pan, bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes (middle picture). Once it is cooled, layer the chocolate chips, nuts (the recipe calls for walnuts, and I like this best…but I used pecans this time around because I was out of walnuts!) and caramel sauce*. Sprinkle the rest of the “taco meat” mixture on top and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes at 325 degrees.
*To thicken up the caramel sauce, stir in 3 Tablespoons of flour.
- 1 box german chocolate cake mix
- ⅓ c. butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup caramel ice cream topping + 3 Tablespoons flour
- Beat with a mixer cake mix, butter and egg until it looks like taco meat.
- Press all but 1 c. of mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 9x13" pan, bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Layer chocolate chips, walnuts, and caramel sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cake mixture.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 325 degrees. Let cool before serving.
GET YOUR STUDENT READY FOR SCHOOL!
Get organized this school year with our Student Planner. Fully customizable kids from elementary thorugh college! Simply opt-in below to have the free 2021-22 Student Planner sent straight to your inbox!