This is one of my favorite bar recipes! It’s a combination of yum
my things many of us love to eat, and they are really easy to make too!
You need to grab a box of German Chocolate Cake Mix, add the butter and an egg and then mix the ingredients together until it looks like taco meat! Silly sounding I know, but that’s the best way to describe it. You can see below how it should look.
Then, press down all but one cup into a 9×13 pan, bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes (middle picture). Once it is cooled, layer the chocolate chips, nuts (the recipe calls for walnuts, and I like this best…but I used pecans this time around because I was out of walnuts!) and caramel sauce*. Sprinkle the rest of the “taco meat” mixture on top and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes at 325 degrees.
*To thicken up the caramel sauce, stir in 3 Tablespoons of flour.
- 1 box german chocolate cake mix
- ⅓ c. butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup caramel ice cream topping + 3 Tablespoons flour
- Beat with a mixer cake mix, butter and egg until it looks like taco meat.
- Press all but 1 c. of mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 9x13" pan, bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Layer chocolate chips, walnuts, and caramel sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cake mixture.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 325 degrees. Let cool before serving.