You all! These Rich Rolled Sugar Cookies are to die for. So much so, that I only make them about twice a year because otherwise I would eat WAY to many!
They are simple to mix up and, yes, it’s the butter in them that makes them melt in your mouth!
Be sure when you bake them that you don’t over-bake. I find that you don’t even want them to turn light brown. They need to be pulled out of the over just before they start to lightly brown.
When I mix up the glaze frosting, I make a batch and then separate the frosting into small bowl and add food coloring to each bowl.
After frosting the whole cookie, I let the kids get to the decorating! We just grab tooth picks and “paint” on the cookie.
The egg white in the frosting allows for a slow glossy dry of the frosting and makes it easy to decorate the cookies.
These cookies are great for Valentine’s Day, wedding or baby showers, birthday parties or even Christmas! Decorate according to your theme!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 egg white
- food coloring
- Beat butter and white sugar on medium until fluffy.
- Add 1 whole egg, baking powder, salt and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in flour by hand.
- Refrigerate 1 hour and then roll out dough. Use cookie cutters and place cut dough on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
- Make icing by mixing powdered sugar, egg white and milk. Add food coloring, if desired.
SURVIVE YOUR SUMMER!
Want to keep your sanity this summer?! Simply opt-in below to get the Summer Survival Guide: Getting Everything Done(in Less Time!) sent straight to your inbox!