I can’t tell you how many times I come home from the grocery store and just a few hours later I realize there was an item I am out of….because I didn’t add it to my list. Ugh. I end up texting the neighbor asking her if I can yet again borrow another cup of brown sugar, an egg, or whatever it is I forgot.
Grocery List Printable
I decided to solve the grocery forgetfulness once and for all. I created a Master Grocery List printable. It contains our most frequently bought food items with plenty of space to quickly write in items that are not on the list.
Get your Master Grocery List
It’s best to keep the list in a place in your kitchen where it can quickly and easily be accessed. There are so many times an item comes to mind that we need to purchase, but we aren’t near our list to write it down, hence the forgotten items. If the list is on your fridge or inside of a cabinet door, it’s easy for not only you, but everyone in your home to add a check mark next to the item you are running low on or write in an item not already on the list.
Key Tips to Keeping Your Pantry Stocked
There are a few key tips to keeping your kitchen well stocked and avoiding last minute trips to the store:
- Buy items before you run out of them. Is the ketchup half gone? Add it to the list. Just opened your jar of peanut butter? Add it to the list.
- Are there items you use all the time? Stock up on items when they’re on sale. This is especially easy to do with non-perishable items. I know that our family’s favorite spaghetti sauce is fairly pricey, but when it goes on sale for just about half price, I typically buy about 4 jars. Why not? That would be the same cost as normally buying just 2 jars but I get twice as much.
- Need convenience? If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can utilize the Amazon Prime Pantry option to fill a box (up to 45 lbs!) of regular size (no bulk sizes) pantry items to be delivered to your doorstep for just $5.99.
- Make a meal plan. Yes, you’ve heard it before but still haven’t started, right? Let me tell you, when I take 10 minutes every week to plan out our meals, dinner time is so much less chaotic. Get your menu made and add anything you don’t have on hand to your grocery list printable.
- Train your people. Yes, I know that sounds crazy, but train your kids and husband not to tell you they run out of a product, but to head straight to the list and mark or write it down.
It’s time to keep it simple and be intentional with your grocery store list. Making a conscience effort to keep an ongoing weekly list will help ensure that you won’t be stuck making a last minute trip to the grocery store.
IT IS POSSIBLE TO
ENJOY STRESS FREE HOLIDAYS THIS YEAR!
The holiday season can be downright exhausting. We have too many things to do and not enough time to get them done. The NEW & IMPROVED 2022 Holiday Planner will not only help you get organized, but will also help melt away that holiday stress so that you can actually enjoy the season for a change!