School starts in just two days, I load up the car with the kids, we have our school supply lists in hand and we head off to Target. And then, I just about die when I see the school aisle. It’s mobbed with kids and moms arguing about what to buy or what not to buy AND the shelves are completely picked over. Why-oh-why did we wait this long to buy supplies.
After that school supply shopping experience an number of years back, I vowed never to procrastinate in our back to school shopping ever again! Instead I came up with an easy plan to make sure I got everything back-to-school related in a timely manner.
First Day of School Checklist
1-2 WEEKS BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS
- Gather school supply Lists
- Shop for school supplies
- Shop for backpack (if not using last year’s) and make Backpack Tag
- Shop for lunchbox
- Shop for electronic device (if required)
- Pick out or shop for first day of school outfit
- Fill out school paperwork
DAY/NIGHT BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS
- Print out First Day of School Photo Signs
- Charge camera/phone
- Pack backpack
- Pack lunch and toss in a silly lunchbox joke
- Lay out clothes & shoes
- Get to bed early
- Set alarm
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Wake up early
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Take first day of school photos
- Head out the door for school
Taking just a bit of time to plan ahead and feel prepared for the day of school will make a world of difference. Those back to school jitters for both momma and the kids won’t be so bad!
SURVIVE YOUR SUMMER!
Want to keep your sanity this summer?! Simply opt-in below to get the Summer Survival Guide: Getting Everything Done(in Less Time!) sent straight to your inbox!