School starts in just two days, I load up the car with the kids, we have our school supply lists in hand and we head off to Target. And then, I just about die when I see the school aisle. It’s mobbed with kids and moms arguing about what to buy or what not to buy AND the shelves are completely picked over. Why-oh-why did we wait this long to buy supplies.
After that school supply shopping experience an number of years back, I vowed never to procrastinate in our back to school shopping ever again! Instead I came up with an easy plan to make sure I got everything back-to-school related in a timely manner.
First Day of School Checklist
1-2 WEEKS BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS
- Gather school supply Lists
- Shop for school supplies
- Shop for backpack (if not using last year’s) and make Backpack Tag
- Shop for lunchbox
- Shop for electronic device (if required)
- Pick out or shop for first day of school outfit
- Fill out school paperwork
DAY/NIGHT BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS
- Print out First Day of School Photo Signs
- Charge camera/phone
- Pack backpack
- Pack lunch and toss in a silly lunchbox joke
- Lay out clothes & shoes
- Get to bed early
- Set alarm
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Wake up early
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Take first day of school photos
- Head out the door for school
Taking just a bit of time to plan ahead and feel prepared for the day of school will make a world of difference. Those back to school jitters for both momma and the kids won’t be so bad!
IT IS POSSIBLE TO
ENJOY STRESS FREE HOLIDAYS THIS YEAR!
The holiday season can be downright exhausting. We have too many things to do and not enough time to get them done. The 2023 HOLIDAY PLANNER will not only help you get organized, but will also help melt away that holiday stress so that you can actually enjoy the season!