Ever since I have been little, I have loved pound cake. I mean, LOVED…There is just something about it. I tend to save making a pound cake for a special treat.
As you may or may not know we started using Essential Oils this past fall. Lately, I have been doing a little bit of cooking and baking with the oils. This week I decided to try a lemon pound cake using lemon essential oil.
You all! My family gobbled this Lemon Pound Cake up! You need to give it a try! And, if you are an Essential Oil user, you could easily change the flavor of the cake by using an orange oil instead of lemon!
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ t. almond extract
- ½ t. vanilla
- 1½ c. flour
- ⅛ t. baking soda
- ⅛ t. salt
- ⅓ c. sour cream
- 9 drops lemon essential oil
- 3 T. powdered sugar
- 1 t. milk
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add almond and vanilla.
- Add flour/baking soda/salt alternately with the sour cream.
- Add in 8 drops of lemon essential oil
- Pour into greased & floured bread pan.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- Make lemon glaze by stirring together powdered sugar, milk and 1 drop of lemon essential oil.
GET YOUR STUDENT READY FOR SCHOOL!
Get organized this school year with our Student Planner. Fully customizable kids from elementary thorugh college! Simply opt-in below to have the free 2021-22 Student Planner sent straight to your inbox!